Siegel High School
Track and Field
- Physicals: All physicals must be uploaded on DragonFly prior to conditioning. You will not be allowed to participate without it.
- Transportation: Students and parents are responsible for timely transportation after practice and track meets in Rutherford County. We will end promptly at 4:30/4:45 every day and they MUST be picked up by 5:00 every day. Athletes who are repeatedly picked up late will be removed from the team. Be sure to have rides arranged ahead of time.
- Dues: A team due of $200.00 will be required once the final team is announced in January. Team dues will count as our team fundraiser for the year.
- Absences: Students must notify the coaches beforehand if they are going to miss a practice. Practice is MANDITORY. Unexcused absences will result in removal from the team.
- Weather: Dress for the weather. We will be running outside on the track. Dress appropriately.
- Starts 11/18/19
- 3:30 – 4:30
- Practice: After the final team has been announced, January 13th, the practice schedule will be:
- 3:30 – 4:45 (Distance may go to 5:00 or a little later depending on the workout.)
- Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays- Running Workouts
- Tuesdays/Thursdays- Skill Work
- Running Attire: We run in the school hallways and outside depending on the weather and events. Every day for practice athletes must bring proper attire for every type of weather including:
- Tennis Shoes and Spikes
- Shorts and Long Pants
- T-shirt and Sweatshirt
- Gloves and hats if necessary
- Athletes will purchase shorts, program will provide tops.
- Warm ups will be available to purchase from a team store.
- Home Meets:
- Hosting 3 High School Home meets- 3/14, 3/21, 04/25
- Hosting 4 Middle School meets- 02/29, 03/05, 03/07, 03/24
- Parents: We will need parents to lead/volunteer for the following committees.
- Gate Duty
- Meet Snacks
- Team photographers
- Awards Banquet
- Parent Meeting: 01/09/20
- Follow: @TFCoachSmith on Twitter for updates of the team.
- Remind App: For updates and announcements for the 2020 Track team.
- ATHLETES ONLY: Text the number 81010 with the message @siegeltf
- Parents ONLY: Test the number 81010 with the message @siegeltfp
Head Coach– Larry Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org