Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance and physicians/staff from Middle Tennessee Medical Center will again offer free pre-participation exams for prospective Rutherford County middle and high school student athletes on Saturday, April 25, 2020. To make this day go as smooth as possible, please note the following, click here.
ALL athletes are required to have a physical dated after April 15, 2020 to be able to practice or compete during the 2020-2021 school year.
The TSSAA has updated their physical forms as of 12/2019. To download the new physical form click here.
- Once completed by your physician, return to your coach.
- The Tennessee State Board of Education rules will be enforced regarding students obtaining athletic physicals before being allowed to participate. Physicals last for one calendar year and must be updated annually after April 15th.
- The sports physicals received on or after April 15th are good for the entire next school year and through the following years dead period.
- Physical obtained April 15, 2020 will be good until July 1, 2021.
- Physical obtained January 6, 2021 for a spring sport will be good until July 1, 2021. In this scenario, an athlete that decides to play a fall sport for the 2021-2022 school year would need a new physical dated after April 15, 2021.
- TSSAA requires athletes to receive a sports physical April 15th or after to try out for any school sport.
- Siegel High School policy requires students to have a current athletic physical on file in Dragonfly in order to participate in any extracurricular activity involving athletics. These activities include but are not limited to weight training outside of the instructional day, conditioning, open facilities, tryouts, practices, and athletic contests.
- If you have any questions regarding athletic physicals, please your child’s coach.